- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Install structures or fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters' hand or power tools.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Select and order lumber or other required materials.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas, such as heating or electrical wiring work.
- Maintain records, document actions, and present written progress reports.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter's hand tools, or power tools.
Click here to learn more about 47-2031 Carpenters.