Construction managers typically:
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
Click here to learn more about 11-9021 Construction Managers.