- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a logistics activity.
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Direct availability and allocation of materials, supplies, and finished products.
- Collaborate with other departments as necessary to meet customer requirements, to take advantage of sales opportunities or, in the case of shortages, to minimize negative impacts on a business.
- Protect and control proprietary materials.
- Review logistics performance with customers against targets, benchmarks and service agreements.
- Develop and implement technical project management tools such as plans, schedules, and responsibility and compliance matrices.
- Direct team activities, establishing task priorities, scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and ensuring the availability of resources.
- Report project plans, progress, and results.
- Direct and support the compilation and analysis of technical source data necessary for product development.
Click here to learn more about 13-1081 Logisticians.