The U-Pass offers full-time students unlimited rides on any CTA bus or train during an academic term. This fall, the CTA and U-Pass will transition to Ventra, the easy new way to ride CTA trains and buses. Below, you’ll find some general information to help you become familiar with your new Ventra U-Pass.
- With the new Ventra card, you will no longer need to obtain a new U-Pass every semester.
- Your U-Pass is good for five years, and your transit account will stay active when you are not in school.
- As long as you are enrolled as a full-time student (12+ credit hours), your U-Pass privileges will be loaded onto your card automatically.
- U-Pass privileges are not valid on Pace buses. You must pay a full fare to ride Pace buses.
- You can add value to the Ventra card when school is not in session or when you do not qualify as a full-time student. Full fare passes and transit value for the CTA and Pace can be added online or by phone, at Ventra vending machines, and at all participating Ventra retail locations.
New Distribution Process for Fall 2013
U-Passes will be distributed at the colleges in August and September. If your pre-printed card is not available on the distribution dates, a CTA Coordinator will take your picture and order your U-Pass. You will receive notification through your City Colleges email account when your card has arrived.
Rules and Conditions
U-Pass is limited to exclusive use by the original full-time student card owner (12+ credits during the Spring/Fall terms, 6+ credits during the Summer term). Your U-Pass may not be shared. If any conditions are violated, the pass will be confiscated for the remaining term without reimbursement.
Lost, Damaged, or Stolen Cards
If your pass is lost or stolen, you may request a new card through the Business Office at your college. You must present your City Colleges ID and pay a $50 non-refundable replacement fee. You will receive notification through your City Colleges email account when your card has arrived.