To obtain advance approval to attend an In-District or Out-of-District conference, seminar, exhibit or training.
What form(s) do I need?
(If prompted to open or save click open. If prompted to enter a password click cancel several times.)
How to complete the Approval for Conference, Seminar, Training or Travel packet:
- Complete the Part 1 Conference, Seminar or Training Leave Travel Expense form.
- Enter your home address (not Malcolm X College) on the form.
- Be sure to indicate all estimated expenses related to your trip, such as car rental, flight/train, lodging, registration, parking, shuttle bus, taxi, tolls, mileage and meals.
- Reimbursements will not be approved if estimated costs are not included on this form.
- Confirm that your preferred hotel and conference vendors are in the Financial Management System (FMS).
- Your department secretary can assist you.
- Use the Meal Allowance link to determine the allowable expenses for your meal purchases.
- Be sure to complete the Funding Source Chartfield section of the form.
- You can obtain the funding source from your Dean or Department Chair.
- Gather all required documentation.
- Completed ETS profile form (first time travelers only)
- Flight/Train itinerary (from company’s website) which includes preferred travel times, dates of travel and preferred airline carrier.
- Hotel confirmation
- Completed registration, agenda and detailed description of the event which outlines the purpose of the conference.
- All participants must register themselves with the conference venue;
- The Business Office is only responsible for registration payment;
- Include Google or Map Quest mileage information( 1 )
- From home to location
- From school to location
- Obtain all required signatures.
- Submit the completed packet to the Business Office( 2 )
- Submit a completed and approved packet no less than 60 days before your event.
- ( 1 )Per district policy, do not include the first or last mile when calculating mileage (i.e., deduct 2 miles from the total mileage driven for the trip).
- ( 2 )The Business Office will obtain the remaining, required signatures from the Executive Director, President and Vice Chancellor’s Office.