Navigate Up
Sign In

Business Operations - Reimbursement for Conference, Seminar, Training or Travel Expenses

To reimburse employees and students for expenses incurred while attending an In-District or Out-of-District conference, seminar, exhibit or training.

What forms do I need?

(If prompted to open or save click open. If prompted to enter a password click cancel several times.)

How to complete the Conference, Seminar, Training or Travel reimbursement packet:

  • Complete the Reimbursement Acknowledgement Agreement form.
    • Reimbursement Acknowledgement Agreement is an annual, online submission (i.e., one-time per fiscal year).
  • Complete all remaining forms above.
    • Be sure to select the expense type found under the “Other Travel Expenses” section on form Part I when entering amounts for:
      • Car rentals, lodging, parking, shuttle bus, taxi and tolls.
    • Use the Meal Allowance link to determine the allowable expenses for your meal purchases.
    • Be sure to complete the Funding Source Chartfield information on form Part II.
      • You can obtain the funding source from your Dean or Department Chair.
    • Be sure to indicate mode of transportation under “Other/Misc. Expense Description” when entering amounts for:
      • CTA Bus/Train,  Greyhound, Mega Bus, Taxi, Amtrak/RTA/Metra Train
  • Gather all required documentation.
    • Approved Part I Conference, Seminar or Training Leave Travel Request Form.( 2 )
    • All original, itemized receipts.
    • Airline boarding pass                                    
    • Hotel confirmation( 3 )
    • Conference, Registration / Confirmation( 4 )
    • Attach conference synopsis (brief description of conference, seminar or training)
    • Copy of driver’s license and insurance card if requesting mileage reimbursement.
    • Include Google or Map Quest mileage information( 5 )
      • From home to location (if event start time is the same as your normal start time)
      • From school to location (if leaving work to attend the event)
  • Obtain all required signatures.
    • Dean/Manager
    • Vice Chancellor (only if you exceed 10% of the total estimated expenses requested on Part I)
  • Submit the completed packet to the Business Office( 6 )
    • Submit a completed and approved packet no more than 30 days after the event.


  • ( 1 )Submit this form if requesting mileage.
  • ( 2 )This form must be completed and approved at least 45 days before the event.
  • ( 3 )  &  ( 4 )Even if conference or hotel has been pre-paid you must still include your boarding pass and registration confirmations.
  • ( 5 )Per district policy, do not include the first or last mile when calculating mileage (i.e., deduct 2 miles from the total mileage driven for each trip).
  • ( 6 )The Business Office will obtain the remaining, required signatures from the Executive Director, President and Vice Chancellor’s Office.
  • The employee must be listed as an approved vendor in the system. If not, the employee must complete a vendor form. The form should be signed by the Executive Director then faxed to procurement Services at 312-553-2594. This should be done before seeking reimbursement.