This will be accomplished by:
- Maintaining and continuing to develop mathematics curriculum that sets high academic standards for students and supports developmental, vocational, and transfer programs;
- Collecting and analyzing data on department practices and using this to evaluate and improve our services to both students and the community;
- Providing an atmosphere that engenders trust and respect for all and that reasonably accommodates special needs;
- Collaborating with educational institution, community organizations, business and industry in order to establish and implement strategies to help students prepare for entry into the work force or to four-year colleges;
- Collaborating with other OHC departments to best meet the needs of students and programs;
- Using electronic technologies, such as computers, calculators, and multimedia tools, to enhance learning and to provide experiences relevant to students’ future careers.