New students should meet with their Academic Advisors prior to the beginning of classes in their first semester. Plan at least one or two more meetings during the initial semester. These meetings should focus on goal setting, academic plan selection, academic planning, course success (especially if you are having difficulty), and any questions you may have.
We encourage all students to meeting with their Advisor at least once per semester. These meetings should focus on goals and academic plan confirmation, academic planning, transfer and career planning, course success (especially if you are having difficulty), and any questions you may have.
Advisors Can Help
Begin planning right away. Advisors can help ensure that you are taking the right classes to meet your goals, whether that is to transfer to a 4-year institution to continue your education following graduation from the City Colleges or to begin a new career. Advisors are available to meet with you to:
- Discuss your educational and career goals
- Provide academic, career and transfer advising
- Discuss transfer credit for courses you completed at a previous college
- Assist you in creating an academic plan
- Assist with registration (selecting classes for the next term)
- Refer you to campus and community resources
- Provide Wellness referrals
- Explain and help resolve any academic or financial aid holds you may have
- Discuss issues affecting your grades
- Review your courses toward graduation (degree audit)
Contact Your Advising Office
Students are encouraged to schedule a meeting with their Advisor by calling (773) 291-6391 or (773) 291-6358, emailing email@example.com, or by visiting the Advising Office in Room 1410.
Get the Most Out of Your Advising Session by Following These Tips