Meet With an Advisor Today
Our academic advisors are highly trained professionals who can guide you from your first day as a student to graduation. We encourage you to get to know your advisor and to take advantage of the wide range of services he or she can provide. Students can make an appointment with an academic advisor in two ways:
1) Log into GradesFirst, a web-based student support tool, here. (Unfamiliar with GradesFirst? Watch this short video on how to use it to make an appointment.)
2) Contact the Advising Office to set up an appointment to meet with your Academic Advisor. Contact information is in the right column of this page.
Chart Your Academic Plan
You should meet with your Advisor at least once each semester, more often if needed.
See your Advisor if you are:
- Struggling with your current classes; help is available
- Unsure about your education or career goals and options
- Unsure if your academic plan (go to my.ccc.edu>Academics>View My Enrollment History to see your current academic plan) is aligned with your goals
- Planning to transfer to a 4-year institution
- Confused about your academic progress or degree requirements
- Trying to use credits earned at a non-CCC college or university toward your graduation requirements
- Looking for an academic plan to help guide you term-by-term and to help you easily register
- Wanting to get involved in clubs and activities on campus
- If you have a question about academics, services available to you, or anything else
We can help. Come see us!
Advisors will help you to clarify your education and career goals, create an academic plan, and explore options for a major or career. They will assist with problem-solving, explain academic and financial aid holds, and help with readmission (Satisfactory Academic Progress or SAP), withdrawals, and other academic questions or transactions.
Services provided by the Advising Office