The Veterans Services Center is a centralized, on-site source of support and access to veterans-specific information and resources.
Our Veterans Services teams are staffed by veterans and skilled professionals... so we understand the unique challenges our returning veterans face when making the transition from active duty military to college life. Not only do we provide one-on-one services, our Veterans Services Centers also provide a welcoming environment where veterans can meet and network with other veterans, relax, or study. We encourage you to take advantage of the services we provide and look forward to welcoming you to Harold Washington College!
The Veterans Services Center provides a wide range of services including:
- Transition from the military to college life
- Peer support
- VA benefits - helping to ensure you get all of the benefits you are entitled to receive
- College services - introducing you to the many services we provide on campus including:
- Advising Services - to assist with goal setting, academic plan selection, academic planning and course selection, transfer to 4-year colleges and universities, and academic success
- Disability Access Center - providing services for students with disabilities
- Wellness Center - providing a wide range of services from crisis intervention, one-on-one counseling, and other services to promote your well-being and success
- Financial Aid - providing access to financial support
- Career Services - including career assessment and goal setting, job readiness, and placement support
- Advocacy - student/instructor mediation, help with services and support
- Connection to external veterans services organizations
- Referrals for basic needs
- Connections to businesses and organizations seeking to employ veterans
NOTE: Not all services may be provided at each college. Check with your Veterans Services Center for more information.
STUDENT VET CHECKLIST –– a helpful guide to the admission and registration process.