City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) offers free online GED® preparation courses through I-Pathways. With I-Pathways, you can study for the GED® exam on your own time from any computer at home with a high-speed internet connection. As a registered student you may also use the computers at your local City College of Chicago.
In order to be eligible for the I-Pathways program, you must:
- score at or above the 9th grade-level in reading and the 7th grade-level in math on the TABE test. The TABE test is administered by the City Colleges of Chicago Adult Educaton departments.
- have reliable, regular access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
- have basic computer skills such as keyboarding, navigating the internet and using email.
have the ability, motivation, and discipline to work independently.
be willing to spend a minimum of 5-7 hours per week completing online lessons.
Registration is ongoing throughout the year at six (6) City Colleges.
- Call to request an appointment.
- Plan to go to the campus on the day of your appointment to take a placement test and complete registration.
- If you qualify for the I-Pathways program, register and get started today!
Adult Education Offices:
Richard J. Daley College, 7500 South Pulaski, Chicago, IL 60652, 773-838-7803
Harry S. Truman College, 1145 West Wilson, Chicago, IL 60612, 773-907-4350
Kennedy-King College, 6301 S. Halsted Street, Chicago, IL 60621, 773-602-5340
Malcolm X College, 1900 West Van Buren, Chicago, IL 60612, 312-850-7300
Olive-Harvey College, 10001 South Woodlawn, Chicago, IL 60628, (773) 291-6690
Wilbur Wright College, 4300 North Narragansett, Chicago, IL 60634, 773-481-8821, 773-481-8823