Now’s your chance to join a Reinvention team for the spring semester 2015. We have opportunities both at the district office (Reinvention) and at the colleges (Reinvention7) to work with your colleagues to be a part of the change that’s moving City Colleges of Chicago forward. For spring, our top priority project focuses on developing a new way to deliver remedial education in a way that allows most students to earn college credit in math and/or English in their first semester at CCC, regardless of their incoming level of remedial need.
Other related work continues in the following Student GPS areas;
- Supports – Here we explore all aspects of student intake, supports and completion. Our focus will include admissions, registration, first year experience, caseload management approaches to student support and models for group and faculty mentoring of students.
- Pathways – Work on the continual improvements of the new semester-by-semester program maps, education plans and other enhancements to our student pathways. Aspects of this work include 15 to finish, ensuring program relevance, block scheduling and whole program enrollment and all of the communications and training needed to implement these changes.
All of this work builds on the reform efforts of faculty, staff and students from all seven colleges who have been on Reinvention teams over the past three years. To learn more about Reinvention’s work during that time, visit www.ccc.edu/reinvention or if you have specific questions, email us at email@example.com.
Interested in joining a Reinvention or Reinvention7 team for the spring 2015 semester? Applications are now being accepted from all interested City College faculty, staff and students. Apply today—the deadline is Friday, November 14th.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Identify your top areas of interest from the list above and include the following in your email;. Identify your top areas of interest from the list above and include the following in your email;
- A brief biography or résumé describing your skill set as it pertains to your preferred projects.
- Five ideas to address the challenges within your preferred projects.
- our contact information (phone and email) so that we can follow up with you.our contact information (phone and email) so that we can follow up with you.