Now’s your chance to join a Reinvention team for the fall semester 2014. We have opportunities both at the district office (Reinvention) and at the colleges (Reinvention7) to work with your colleagues to be a part of the change that’s moving City Colleges of Chicago forward. The projects that we will be working on during the fall semester fall into the following categories;
- Placement and Remediation – This work includes research and additional development of the most effective ways to move students to college readiness. Topics to be addressed include placement methods, learning communities and co-requisites, embedded tutoring, and work on alignment of curriculum to college readiness.
- Enrollment Management – Here we’ll explore all aspects of student intake, supports and completion. Our focus will include admissions, registration, first year experience, caseload management approaches to student support and models for group and faculty advising.
- Pathways – Work on the continual improvements of the new semester-by-semester program maps, education plans and other enhancements to our student pathways and the new “Student GPS.” Aspects of this work include 15 to finish, ensuring program relevance, block scheduling and whole program enrollment and all of the communications and training needed to implement these changes.
All of this work builds on the reform efforts of faculty, staff and students from all seven colleges who have been on Reinvention teams over the past three years. To learn more about Reinvention’s work during that time, visit www.ccc.edu/reinvention or if you have specific questions, email us at email@example.com.
Interested in joining a Reinvention or Reinvention7 team for the fall 2014 semester? Applications are now being accepted from all interested City College faculty, staff and students. Apply today—the deadline is Friday, April 11th.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Identify your top areas of interest from the list above and include the following in your email;
- A brief biography or résumé describing your skill set as it pertains to your preferred projects.
- Five ideas to address the challenges within your preferred projects.
- Your contact information (phone and email) so that we can follow up with you.