Offsite Proctored Procedures
Proctored exams must be taken and supervised at an official testing center at a community college, 4-year college, or university at the student’s expense. A proctored exam is an exam that is overseen by an impartial individual (called a proctor) who monitors or supervises a student while he/she is taking an exam. The proctor ensures the security and integrity of the exam process.
Finding a Proctor
Carefully review the course syllabus and course announcements to learn of firm deadlines for when a proctor choice MUST be submitted to Online Learning.
Make arrangements with a proctor at a community college, 4-year college, or university testing center. Pay any testing fees to the testing center, if applicable.
In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, submit your proctor choice to Online Learning for approval at least two weeks prior to the exam date. The email must include the following information:
- Student name
- Course name and course number
- Instructor's name
- Date and time when exam is scheduled by student with proctor
- Proctor's name
- Name of the testing center
- Webpage for testing center
- Name of the community college, 4-year college or university
- Telephone number of the proctor
- Email address of the proctor
- Fax number of the proctor
- Mailing address of the Proctor