International students often come to the City Colleges following intensive English language study and/or to pursue a degree program at one of our colleges.
- Complete an International Student Admission Application (to be filled out by applicant only). An International Student Admission Application is available from your International Student Advisor.
- You must be in good standing at your current institution and must enroll in the next academic term after leaving your current institution.
- Submit a Form I-20 release letter from your current institution or a Transfer Verification document (included in the International Student Admission Application).
- You are required to take the official City Colleges English placement test (reading comprehension and writing mechanics) and demonstrate an intermediate level of English proficiency.
- Submit official copies of academic transcripts from secondary, college, or university institutions.
- Submit all educational credentials (transcripts, diplomas, or certificates) earned at the secondary or post-secondary levels outside of the United States. All such credentials must be evaluated by Educational Perspectives.
- Submit a copy of your current SEVIS Form I-20.
- Submit a copy of your passport, visa and Form I-94.
- Submit a completed Affidavit of Support form. Sponsors who are US citizens and permanent residents should complete the USCIS Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. Sponsors who are not US citizens or permanent residents should complete the Affidavit of Support form included with the International Student Admission Application.
- Submit a certified bank letter of verification. Sponsor must show a minimum of USD$20,000 in his/her account. If you are a self-sponsored student, you must show a minimum of USD$40,000 in your account.
- Submit an employment verification form. Sponsor must show a minimum annual income of USD$40,000.
- Pay a USD$100.00 non-refundable application processing fee (certified check or money order).