The Form I-20 is a federal government document wherein the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) certifies to the U.S. government that an international student is eligible to receive an F-1 student visa. It certifies that an international student meets all admissions and other requirements necessary to obtain or keep an F-1 student visa while studying in the U.S.
If your Form I-20 is out-of-date, damaged, lost or stolen, it must be updated or replaced by your International Student Advisor immediately.
Form I-20 Information
- Your academic program information
- Dates you are legally permitted to remain in the U.S.
- U.S. Customs entry and exit information
Your Form I-20 must never expire
and must be updated whenever any information regarding your stay in the U.S. changes. Updates may include:
- Change of address
- Change in plan to return to your home country and re-enter the U.S.
- Change in your academic program of study
- You need to drop a class or request additional time to complete your studies